[pmwiki-users] Policy on PHP extensions?

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sun May 1 16:43:30 CDT 2005

Hi all,

anybody got an idea what PHP extensions one should expect to be available?

For example, I could make excellent use of the mcrypt extension.
It seems to be pretty widely available - but I don't know for sure.
I could (try to) write my own encryption function, but calling the
relevant mcrypt functions would be *far* less work :-)

So what's the advice: should I tell admins that my super duper PmWiki
recipe is only usable if they have mcrypt installed, or should I get out
my Applied Cryptography book and re-implement blowfish in PHP? (This
would actually be an option efficiency-wise, since the strings to be
encrypted are very short.)

Regards,
Jo