[pmwiki-users] Templates for new pages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 28 18:48:54 CST 2005

On Sun, Mar 27, 2005 at 07:02:43PM -1000, Sivakatirswami wrote:
> This naive newbie then proceeded to try to put the blocks together...as
> follows:
>
> 1) in Wiki.d  -- copied the file "FormsTesting.HpiArticle"
>
> ## where the group is "FormsTesting"
> ## and the page is a  buildForms style page
> ## which is the desired template...
>
> 2) I changed the name of the copy to "FormsTesting.Template"
>
> 3) and inserted, from the file system level: the following into our
>
>  /local/config.php
>
> $EditTemplatesFmt = '$FormsTesting.Template';
> on it's own line...

You probably mean to have (note, no $):

   $EditTemplatesFmt = 'FormsTesting.Template';

Since this is in local.php, this would mean that every new page
created on the site will use FormsTesting.Template as the template
page, regardless of group.

If you want it to be per-group, then you would set

   $EditTemplatesFmt = '$Group.Template';

which means that each WikiGroups would use the "Template" page in
that group as the template for new pages, if one exists.  Thus,
whenever creating a new page in the FormsTesting group you would
get the contents of FormsTesting.Template, but not in other groups.