[pmwiki-users] Block Editing of PMWiki group?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Mar 27 17:21:16 CST 2005

Is there a way, in the /local/config.php  to block editing of the
PMwiki group of files? I like to leave these available for reference
but then if someone edits them, their edits get overwritten on
upgrade... Of course one could re-set the security attributes each time
you upgrade, but that's a pain and easier if the /local/config.php
would just do it for all files in wikilib.d, so that this "cannot edit"
for all wikilib.d files would be in place automatically after
upgrade...If someone wants to comment on style or editing, they would
do that in a new group in wiki.d. leaving wikilib.d untouched.

FYI: I just upgraded to the latest PMWiki... the "upgrade instructions"
seem a bit shy on details, so I proceeded very carefully this time...

and  suggest we add to upgrade instructions-- if I understand the
process correctly, which I am not sure I do... and I don't think I'm
articulating this too well but here goes:

"Note that the option to simply over-write the existing installation
will not destroy your wiki.d files since no such directory is created,
but aside from the /local/config.php file you will need make sure you
have back ups of any skins, and files in the /pub/skins or /cookbook
that you have added to customize your site, these directories *will
not* be saved...  If you choose the simply over write the existing
installation all those files would be lost.

Make sure you back up your wiki first. Or it you don't mind being
temporarily down..(only takes a few minutes) rename the old directory,
install the upgrade and them move your wiki.d directory into the next
version, and any other files you use for local customization.

  A list of all possible locations of customization files would be good
so that a newbie doesn't blow it with the "simply copy over" option.

Sivakatirswami