[pmwiki-users] Re: pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 3, Issue 108

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Thu Mar 24 03:54:08 CST 2005

On Thursday 24 March 2005 16:29, pmwiki-users-request at pmichaud.com wrote:
> Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 21:01:46 -0600
> From: "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com>
> Subject: Re: [pmwiki-users] Wrap text around image on a page - How?
> To: John W Morris <johnwmorris at peak.org>
> Cc: pmwiki users <pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com>
>
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 06:36:24PM -0800, John W Morris wrote:
> >    I truely have looked for this but so far I can put the image pretty
much
> >    where I want, but can't get text to flow around the image.
> >    I am missing a key point or is this a "not yet" sort of thing.
>
>     %align=right% http://www.example.com/path/to/image.gif
>
> will cause an image to float to the right, with subsequent text flowing
> around it on the left.  Similarly,
>
>     %align=left% http://www.example.com/path/to/image.gif
>
> will float an image on the left, with subsequent text flowing
> to the right of the image.
>
> If that's not it, let me know and we'll work it out.
>
> Pm

This is at a level that I can try and try I did - after some "coaxing", the
text did wrap around a photo.  Between  **** is the beginning of the text
around a photo:

  ****
!!Administrator of this wiki

My name is Algis Kabaila.
%align=left%http://www.pcug.org.au/oss/2/uploads/OpenSource/2004-00263.jpg  My
nickname is Al. Curently I administer this wiki site at the TIP.  I wish to
especially acknowldge  Lawrie Brown, a senior admin of TIP.  Without his
patient and effective help this wiki would not exist. ... etc.
  ****
The following is a link to the result:

http://www.pcug.org.au/oss/2/pmwiki.php/OpenSource/TheAdmin

Mind you, the photo is a little too big and I do remember seing how it can be
shrunk in the documentation.  You would think I would find it, would you not?
Not on your nelly!  So, John, if you know how to reduce the pix, tell me and
thanks in advance!

Wish you all Good Easter-Passover season to you all,

OldAl.

--
Algis Kabaila
http://www.pcug.org.au/~akabaila