[pmwiki-users] floating box on the right

Nathan Jones pmwiki at optimo.com.au
Wed Mar 23 19:37:13 CST 2005

Patrick Ogay wrote:
>I like to display on certain sites some information in a "newsbox",
>which should be a floating box on the right oder a RightSidebar
>Is there an easy way to display such a box in standard template?  Or in
>the Content?

I'm waiting for (:div:) markup to go live, at which point I'll do
something like this:

1. Define how the box should look. Mine's a "spotlight" box to draw
attention to a theatre company's current play.

.spotlight {
 float: right;
 width: 250px;
 border: 2px groove gray;
 padding-left: 50px;
 padding-right: 10px;
 padding-top: 10px;
 padding-bottom: 10px;
 margin-left: 10px;
 margin-bottom: 10px;
 background-image: url("spotlight.jpg");
 background-repeat: no-repeat;
 background-color: white;
}

1. Put the content in the box:

(:div class='spotlight':)
!! Richard III by William Shakespeare
Directed by Sue Dyring.

Opens April 15th. See the [[Richard III]] page for details.
(:divend:)

I notice a message from John Coxon with a similar approach using
WikiStyles. He uses "display: block" to form a box, but I don't know if
that will work when you try to enclose block level elements (eg. two
paragraphs).

--
Nathan Jones