[pmwiki-users] Re: Modified (:markup:)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 21 12:36:34 CST 2005

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 06:23:38PM +0100, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> So I'll punt and simply use an alternative:

>   1111111   22   33333333333   (these line just
>                  aaaaa bb cc   for reference below)

I thought of this previously, the bad part being that it's then
impossible to escape anything that begins with a closing bracket,
which just seems wrong.  I.e., in the current implementation I can do

   [=]]=]

but this wouldn't work if we disallow bracket as an initial character.
Yes, I can come up with cases where someone might want this -- e.g.,
if they need to place an escaped closing bracket inside of link text.