[pmwiki-users] File manager -- implementation of pmwiki interfac

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Sun Mar 20 12:34:40 CST 2005

Please read the earlier two posts for background. This post is a
solictation for help on how to create the backend in pmwiki for invoking
the file manager properly.

What I think I need from pmwiki is basically the following:

* A suitable markup entry for "uploads:..."
* Being able to parse the argument to "uploads:..." and check if:
** Is it a path to a file or a directory?  (1)
** Does the file or directory exist?

* How do I go about making this work with e.g.
	[[uploads:file.txt | link text]]?
** What should happen if 'file.txt' doesn't exist?

It might be possible to write this extra code so that it can work with
many file managers.

Authorization and authentification might be a problem btw... it'll
probably be non-trivial to integrate the systems :-(

Anyway, I'll await some input before I try cobbling something together.

/Christian

(1) Note that if the destination doesn't exist, this question can't really
be answered. If we have "uploads:something/", we can assume it refers to a
directory. But if we simply have "uploads:fileOrDir" we don't really know.
It's not a big problem since we can just let the user and the file manager
work it out themselves. The resulting "?" just needs to invoke the file
manager in a suitable way.