[pmwiki-users] PMWiki puts files on users hard drive?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Mar 18 21:53:06 CST 2005

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 08:39:20AM -1000, Sivakatirswami wrote:
> I have a user who writes:
>
> Ganga 15th March> I am running Windows XP. A directory "filelib" (with
> a subdirectory "filelib/GangaSivanathan") has appeared in My Documents
> folder. Is this part of the configuration of the wiki? Can the file be
> located elsewhere? My Documents is usually a work space, and program
> files such as this clutter up the workspace.
>
> I am not aware that PMWiki would drop files on a user's hard drive...
> any insights?

PmWiki doesn't create anything called filelib/ .

Does Ganga believe this is happening because he is running PmWiki on his
hard drive, or because he's using PmWiki?  If the latter, it's almost
certain that PmWiki isn't the culprit -- no web browser should allow a
web script to directly create files and folders on users' hard drives
(it'd be a huge security hole if they did).  Yes, I know that IE can
be made to do this... but that just proves my point.  :-)