[pmwiki-users] small password and skin query?

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Fri Mar 18 12:33:12 CST 2005

At 12:43 PM 3/18/2005, V.Krishn wrote:
>Hello,
>I was wanting to know if we can set the password in skin.php file:
>eg
>$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('mysecret');

Can? yes. Should? NO. Skins are supposed to be 'look' changes, not
functional changes.

Though I confess I have a nagging suspicion that 'look' and 'feel' belong
together and that the separation Skin-Recipe is faulty. No wonder both
recipes and skins exist in the cookbook group on pmwiki.org

>Secondly,
>Is it possible to set the print-skin in skin.php file itself.
>i.e
>$ActionSkin['print'] = 'someskin/print';

I guess you could, if you wanted to tie the look of the printed pages to
the look of the skin itself. Makes quite a bit of sense, actually.

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)