[pmwiki-users] New skin: Pukka Float

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Mar 18 08:38:23 CST 2005

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 01:40:10PM -0500, Bronwyn Boltwood wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:50:39 +0000, Hans <design at flutesong.net> wrote:
>
> [from the previous mail]
> > In the template call various css files to import by using varables,
> > and define values for the variables in skin.php.
>
> That's not as flexible an approach as the stitch_foo files.  The
> current approach allows an admin to add *any* custom css, even if it
> doesn't fit into my categories, with less work than in the variables
> approach.  Plus, it won't perform as well (as I'll explain a bit more
> below).

There's no reason why the "stitching file" *has* to be .css -- it can
be a .php file.  Just rename stitch_imported.css to stitch_imported.php,
change its first line (after <?php) to read:

    header('Content-type: text/css');

and then use the following in the skin.tmpl file:

    <!--
    @import '$SkinDirUrl/css/stitch_imported.php';

No skin.php needed (for this).