[pmwiki-users] New skin: Pukka Float

Hans design at flutesong.net
Thu Mar 17 03:26:37 CST 2005

Thursday, March 17, 2005, 8:33:19 AM, Bronwyn wrote:
> This skin relies on a trick: the css dir contains a
> .htaccess that tells it to handle css files with PHP:
>         AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .css
>         php_value default_mimetype "text/css"
> The stitch_foo.css files called from the .tmpl file are actually PHP
> files that have many lines like this:
>         include("function-foo.css");
> Most of which are commented out. What this *should* do is to string
> together the proper CSS files into one, and hand it to the browser.
> It's working nicely on my local testbed, and is almost as good a
> solution for easy configuration as the wikipage idea that I pursued
> originally.

Would this not be easier achieved using skin.php and having there
lists of css file options commented out apart from the ones one wants?
So it get stitched together in skin.php, and skin.php acts as your
main skin configuration file?

In the template call various css files to import by using varables,
and define values for the variables in skin.php.

Best,
~Hans