[pmwiki-users] New skin: Pukka Float

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 02:58:23 CST 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:49:28 -0600, Patrick R. Michaud
<pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure -- because this skin has so many .css files, I'm having
> a bit of trouble knowing what ties to what.  (I confess I haven't
> spent a whole lot of time looking yet.)

Sheets that apply a colour scheme [color-foo.css]:
	color-default-beige.css
	color-default-grey.css
	color-websafe.css

Sheets that turn off (or on) specific features [feature-foo-state.css]:
	feature-attr-off.css
	feature-author-off.css
	feature-feed-off.css
	feature-navlink_underlines-off.css
	feature-sidebar-off.css
	feature-table_borders-on.css
	feature-upload-off.css

Sheets that set which font face is applied to what
[font-face-alltext.css, or font-face-bodytext_headertext.css]:
	font-face-georgia.css
	font-face-georgia_trebuchet.css
	font-face-georgia_verdana.css
	font-face-lucida.css
	font-face-lucida_georgia.css
	font-face-lucida_palatino.css
	font-face-lucida_trebuchet.css
	font-face-sans_serif.css
	font-face-serif_sans.css
	font-face-verdana.css
	font-face-verdana_georgia.css
	font-face-verdana_palatino.css
	font-face-verdana_trebuchet.css

Sheets that change the *base* font size [font-size-percentsize.css]:
	font-size-100.css
	font-size-115.css
	font-size-76.css
	font-size-85.css

Sheets that govern other font effects:
	font-headers-bold_italic.css (sets headers to be bold and italic)
	font-headers-normal_italic.css (sets headers to be not-bold and italic)
	font-proportions-1.css (sets font proportions, e.g. how big a header
is compared to body text)

The sheet that handles lo-fi mode layout:
	layout-flowed-1.css

Sheets that make the necessary changes for hi-fi mode, *except* for
what's handled by the next group:
	layout-hide_access_links.css (hides internal nav links from graphical
browsers while leaving them accessible to screen readers)
	layout-navlists.css (transforms the navigation link lists into tabs
or whatever)
	layout-undo_flowed.css (undoes certain pieces of layout-flowed-1.css)

Sheets that govern the type and proportions of colums in hi-fi mode:
	Fixed-width layouts [layout-fixed<total width>-sidebar
location-sidebar width.css]:
		layout-fixed56em-leftsb-14em.css
		layout-fixed56em-rightsb-14em.css
		layout-fixed72em-leftsb-24em.css
		layout-fixed72em-rightsb-24em.css
	Liquid layouts [layout-liquid-sidebar location-sidebar width.css]:
		layout-liquid-leftsb-14em.css
		layout-liquid-leftsb-27em.css
		layout-liquid-rightsb-14em.css
		layout-liquid-rightsb-27em.css

Sheets that govern decor effects (like padding and borders) for hi-fi
mode [layout-decor-foo.css]:
	layout-decor-1.css

Skin configuration files (which are actually PHP, and stitch together
the included sheets from above for the browser to use)
[stitch_foo.css]:
	stitch_imported.css (sheets that only work properly in modern browsers)
	stitch_linked.css (sheets that should work in any browser, or degrade
gracefully)

-------
Hope this makes the purposes of the sheets clearer.  It was quite the
challenge to write these in a way that made their effects as
independent from eachother as possible!  One sign of success in this
effort is that not very many of the above sheets are mandatory.

Bronwyn