[pmwiki-users] category analysis RFV

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Mar 16 16:46:23 CST 2005

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 05:07:39PM -0500, Radu wrote:
> >And knowing to re-generate the page when someone has removed it from
> >a category is even tougher (yes, there are ways to address this).
>
> Oh, I see. You mean if someone edits the page with the list and deletes a
> link.

No, I mean if someone edits the page that has the [[!ToDo]] markup
and removes it.  How do you then (easily) get to Category.ToDo to
regenerate its list?

But as I said, there are other (I think better) ways to solve the
efficiency problems here without having to have pages automatically
modify themselves or other pages.

> Hm. If that's a problem, then to get the list we can just use the pass
> currently available on the page that does the searching rather than the
> pass of the current Author.

Ummm, we don't know the password of the page doing the searching --
the passwords are stored encrypted.  And this doesn't help if the
site is using user-based authorization.