[pmwiki-users] farm security

Hans design at flutesong.net
Wed Mar 16 13:52:23 CST 2005

Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 7:38:54 PM, Neil wrote:
> I always thought they were a variant of Klingon. And I made the rash
> assumption that someone with a name like yours wouldn't have too much
> difficulty with Bavarian dialects. ;-)

Ahh, I do understand the words, but what is the meaning of it all?
The link to apache docu is a real killer!

Quote:

For example, without any + and - symbols:
<Directory /web/docs>
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

<Directory /web/docs/spec>
Options Includes
</Directory>

then only Includes will be set for the /web/docs/spec directory.
However if the second Options directive uses the + and - symbols:

<Directory /web/docs>
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

<Directory /web/docs/spec>
Options +Includes -Indexes
</Directory>

then the options FollowSymLinks and Includes are set for
the /web/docs/spec directory.

Ahh this is refreshing reading indeed!

Best,
~Hans