[pmwiki-users] Re: Cookbook Meal "Deals" . . .

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Mar 15 17:05:04 CST 2005

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 09:18:01AM +0530, V.Krishn wrote:
> > This pulls the heat off Pm, who probably has better use for his time
> > than testing non-standard modules.
> Yup I agree, but only the sections "Core.Cookbook" and
> "Core-Essential.Cookbook" could(must) be released in parellel with every
> release of pmwiki.

Ouch.  The whole point of having a cookbook is to be able to
de-synchronize the maintenance of various recipes from PmWiki
releases.  Saying that releases have to be synchronized with
cookbook items of any sort causes me *more* work, and lengthens
and delays release schedules.

Or put another way, if "Core.Cookbook" and "Core-Essential.Cookbook"
are to be synchronized with releases, then they shouldn't be called
"cookbook" items any more but just become part of the distribution.