[pmwiki-users] ?action=rename doesn't work

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Tue Mar 15 11:45:26 CST 2005

Hi all,

I have installed the rename.php script from
http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RenamePage .

The rename action page does come up as it should. However, after
changing the page and clicking "Rename", all I get is the Wiki's default
page.

Some debugging sessions later, I found that the postrename action
defined in the rename.php script isn't called. The "Rename" button calls
the $ScriptURL allright, with all the appropriate POST parameters, but
somehow pmwiki.php doesn't execute the action that should be triggered.

I'm pretty sure that pmwiki.php is called with invalid parameters, but I
don't know what that SDV function really does and how it should be
called, so I can't fix the problem.

Here's what the "Rename" button does (as gleaned from the HTML generated
for it):
It sends a POST request to $ScriptUrl (with no parameters - not sure
whether that's right), with the following POST variables set:
   action = postrename
   n = $FullName
   renametext = new text as entered
   group = new group as picked from the drop-down list

Anybody got an idea what's going wrong here?

Regards,
Jo