[pmwiki-users] Links/Addresses in Wikis (was How to add an image with local adress ?)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 14 08:21:33 CST 2005

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 07:46:35PM +1300, Simon wrote:
> I have a web site with a mixture of html pages and wiki pages,
> with the same look and feel.
> It seems to me that
> [[/mypage.html|Example]]
> should produce a link to
> http://somedomain.com/mypage.html
> rather than
> http://somedomain.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Mypage/Html?action=edit
>
> Rather than having to define the above could we please have some default
> markup (eg "/" being the first character
> that is relative to the site rather than the wiki

Yes, this can be done as a local customization (or cookbook item).
Unless wildly popular, it probably won't make it into the PmWiki core.

HOWEVER, note that use of this particular markup would also preclude
the use of leading slash for other items -- e.g., if we ever came up
with an answer/syntax for hierarchical group names that needs the
leading slash.  Here are some alternate proposals (none of which are
particularly good) to stir the markup idea pot with.

    [[//mypage.html | example]]
    [[http:/mypage.html | example]]