[pmwiki-users] config.php file --- which one?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Mar 13 16:20:23 CST 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 10:54:19AM -0800, John W Morris wrote:

>    My problem stems with a lack of understanding of which Config.php file
>    does what and when.
>
>    If I make a change in the local/config.php fille it sometimes seems to not
>    work unless the change is in the wiki root config.php.
>
>    What is each file for and when is each file used or not used?

local/config.php is the "official" configuration file to contain any
site-wide settings.

If local/config.php doesn't exist, PmWiki looks for a config.php
in the current directory, just in case the admin missed the instruction
in sample-config.php that says to put the configuration file in local/ .

So far this seems to be the least of the various evils, although some
admins end up confusing themselves with two configuration files.  I probably
need to add an ?action=analyze option that reviews an admin's settings
and provides helpful hints about places where the site's configuration appears
to be "non-standard".