[pmwiki-users] Going at things a different way

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Mar 13 16:11:39 CST 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 11:55:02AM -0500, David Spitzley wrote:
> A quick note of caution, I plan to be revising the pagelist.php
> function a bit so don't rely on its internals too deeply.
> Anything that has been documented somewhere in a cookbook or
> on the mailing list will continue to work; but other internals
> may change.
>
> Well then, could I make a suggestion?  It would be nice if you could
> add a switch to (:searchresults:) that would, in the event that no page
> exactly matched the search term, present the option to add a page of
> that name as per the PageNotFound page.  The switch could be something
> like (:searchresults addmissing=true:)

This may belong as a fmt=addmissing option instead of trying to add
PageNotFound functionality to every output format.

But beyond that, what page name?  I.e., if someone
enters a search query of "dessert +apple -ipod 'flaky crust' group=Food",
what page name(s) should we offer to create?  ;-)

It's an excellent idea -- I'm just not sure how it would work in the
more complex cases.