[pmwiki-users] "[[Attach: ]]" markup and image display.

A Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Sun Mar 13 04:59:48 CST 2005

PmWiki.Uploads, i.a. says that:

  ********
PmWiki can allow authors to upload and attach files to pages. Each WikiGroup
can have its own collection of named attachments that are shared among all
pages in the group. To add or link to an attachment, an author simply edits a
page to include the markup "Attach:" followed by a name for an attachment
(e.g., "Attach:resume.pdf"). When the page is displayed, the Attach: markup
becomes either a link to the named attachment, an image (if the attachment is
an image file such as a .gif or .jpeg), or a link to a form where the author
can specify a file to be uploaded and used as the new attachment.
  ********

On my PmWiki ver. 2.0 beta24. the *.jpg files are links to the picture and one
has to add a explicit link to the picture, viz.

http://<http path to the pmwiki directory>/uplods/<WikiGroup>/<filename>.

I would class this as a "feature", as it gives the flexibility to either link
images or display them.  However, if that is the intention then it would be
better to simply say that

" When the page is displayed, the Attach: markup becomes either a link to the
named attachment."

Sorry to be nitpicking, but it is late Sunday evening down-under where I live
and I should go away from the machine...  (And have a small night cap!).  And
I probably misunderstood the docs, too.

OldAl.

--
Algis Kabaila