[pmwiki-users] Author Name Required: Firefox

A Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Sat Mar 12 21:38:16 CST 2005

On Sunday 13 March 2005 12:40, Wade Hudson  wrote:
> Message: 11
> Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 17:31:03 -0800
> From: "Wade Hudson" <whudson at igc.org>
> Subject: RE: [pmwiki-users] Author Name Required: Firefox
> To: "Hans" <design at flutesong.net>, <Pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com>
>
> I deleted the one cookie that was there: phpsessid
> Closed and reopened firefox
> the cookie was removed at first
> after some editing, it's back
> but i still must enter my name as author after each edit
>
> --Wade Hudson, Editor
>   http://ProgressiveResourceCatalog.org

I have set in <pmwiki>/local/config.php

$EnablePostAuthorRequired = 1;

and that forces every user to enter a name or a nickname with every edit,
albeit the browser "remembers" the last nickname (or initials) used.

Are you sure that in your wiki the $EnablePostAuthorRequired = 0;  ?

Being a (very old) newbie myself, I am inclined to think of simplest reasons
why.

HTH, and apologies if I am going onto a tangent.

OldAl.

--
Algis Kabaila
http://www.pcug.org.au/~akabaila