[pmwiki-users] Great success for PageNotFound !

Pierre Rouzeau pierre at rouzeau.net
Sat Mar 12 06:48:31 CST 2005

Thanks,
I think I finally got it.

In addition to one faulty link (related to the new handling of '-' in
links),
In my .htaccess file, I have set the following :

ErrorDocument 404 http://cncloisirs.com/PageNotFound

which redirect any unfound request to PageNotFound

This help to always have a destination even if the requested document
don't exist.

Though, there is an 'unsollicited' request done by browsers, which is
the request for the file 'favicon.ico', which is the icon displayed in
the address bar and in the favorite list.
These request were failing, because I had not created this icon, and so,
were redirected to PageNotFound. In fact, this was never seen by users.

So, I have drawn a small icon and set it as 'favicon.ico' in root
directory, and also in wiki.d and wikilib.d directory.

Regards

Page principale - Main page  -  www.rouzeau.net <http://www.rouzeau.net>