[pmwiki-users] Problems with paths in farms

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Thu Mar 10 06:57:08 CST 2005

I am running a farm with three fields. It is not quite a standard setup,
because the main farm files are not servable - that is, the main farm
simply serves as a repository for the code used by the fields.

At 2005-03-10  08:39 PM +0900, rickla is rumored to have said:
>Can anyone help me out? Here are a few specific questions related to
>the instructions on the PmWiki/WikiFarms page:
>
>1. Is it necessary to chmod the main pmwiki installation before
>starting to setup a field?

Don't know as I am running under Windoze.

>2. Is the
>$FarmPubDirUrl = 'http://.../pmwiki/pub';
>command really enough for the local/farmconfig.php file? i.e. Don't
>you also need a $FarmScriptUrl ?

My farmconfig.php file only has $FarmPubDirUrl  plus all of the config
items that are common to all the fields, such as GUIedit buttons.

>3. Should pub have a trailing slash or not?

No trailing slash on mine.

>4. For $ScriptUrl, should the correct address end in scripts or pmwiki.php ?

$ScriptUrl should be set in the local/config.php file for each field, not
in the farmconfig. I do not even have it defined, because I don't have any
field-specific scripts.

>5. After installation, when I check to see whether things seem to be
>OK, what files and directories should I find within the field
>directory?

Each field can/should have:
         local/
         pub/   (only if you have field-based skins)
         uploads/  (if enabled)
         wiki.d/
         index.php  (or whatever you have called the file which actually
invokes PmWIki.
                          I use index so that it gets served automatically)

There may be others, but that is what I have in my most complex field.

>6. How can I let the field know the path to the cookbook? (Or do I
>need to copy it into every field?)

I don't have any cookbook entries, but I think the cookbook folder lives in
the main farm only.

To get things going, why not do a vanilla install, with no extra scripts or
cookbook entries? Once that is working, you can go nuts with customization!

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668