[pmwiki-users] PmWikiDraw - New version 2.353

Ciaran ciaranj at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 02:32:01 CST 2005

Hullo,
Fitting in with the spate of recent cookbook updates, I'm rolling out
a new version of PmWikiDraw [keeping up with the Jones's I guess <g>].

This version introduces a couple of new features and a few
usability/bug-fix improvements.  The biggest change is fixing
something thats been bugging me since I first ported TWikiDraw and
that is the ability to 'latch' fill/pen/text colours.  There are now 3
icons on the toolbar, if you left click on this it will set the
current selected figure(s) to the current colour as displayed on the
icon, however if you right-click on the icon it will pop-up the colour
palette allowing you to select the 'current' colour.  Note if figures
are selected when you right click this will [deliberately] change
their colour to the one you select from the palette.  If this scheme
proves successful I will probably move most attributes, i..e line
widths, arrow styles etc over to use it, but currently consider this a
'beta feature'.  I don't yet know how to handle the 'none' colour yet,
so I've left the original colour menus in place for now :)

I've fixed the selection box so when snap-to-grid is on, the
rubber-band selection box ignores this which makes selecting things on
the grid a little easier :)

I've fixed select-all so you can select-all and paste without the
order of figures getting messed up (This is most useful for copying +
pasting between 2 PmWikiDraw instances in the same VM, which if I'm
honest isn't really a supported feature, but its a useful trick to
copy drawings between pages, wiki's etc, however I would suggest if
you're doing this often you want to save a template into the symbol
library, not quite sure how this would work as I didn't anticipate it
when I designed it, but it would work to an extent!.. ToDo list
methinks- Templates!)

I've fixed 'group' so it respects the relative Z-Order/depth of the
selected figures so when they're grouped they don't appear to change
their front-back order with respect to each other.  Note however if
you group some objects and then ungroup them, although they will all
still be in the correct order with respect to each other, they will
now *all* be on top of any objects that you did not group.  This is
because of the way JHotDraw works every figure sits in its own layer,
so when a group is created, each object is promoted to being the
highest possible layer etc etc.

I've added Save & Continue [this means you *must* installed the new
pmwikidraw.php file] this works with the Concurrent editing fix, so
you'll get a warning if you try to obliterate someone else's changes,
but only once, the second time you try it'll blow em away :)

Made minor modification to the pmwikidraw.php script so the little
edit pencil (or whatever you may have over-ridden it to be) is not
displayed when previewing a wiki-page [managed to lose a long edit by
accidentally clicking this ooops].  Still need to perhaps de-activate
'Create New Image' link when in preview mode, but then Ineed to look
at this code anyway as it shows up when you click on initially, it
should swap to 'Creating.new image... ' and not be a link :)

Changelog available here:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PmWikiDrawChangeLog
New Version download available here:
http://www.wombatinvasion.com/files/PmWikiDraw.zip
Source code here: http://www.wombatinvasion.com/files/PmWikiDraw_src.zip

As usual all feedback graciously received :) Enjoy.
[And no connected text is still not exactly working, sorry, its very
confusing the code around that area :(, the joy of inheriting a
framework :) ]

--
- Ciaran
(I now have far too many G-Mail invites available, anyone who wants