[pmwiki-users] First class attachments

Martin Fick fick at fgm.com
Wed Mar 9 16:48:33 CST 2005

  All this talk of categories and wikitrails led me to this
strange tought: how about making attachments (uploads)
first class wiki pages in that they could be put in wiki
trails and categories.

  An implementation of this would be to make a wiki "meta"
page for every attachment.  This page would allow the
attachement to be found in wiki searches, trails..., but
when clicked on, the attachment would actually show
up/display.  I guess the tricky part would be editing the
meta-page, go to the attachment with ?EDIT maybe? (is that
even possible?)

  If you apply that to images, you have got 'Gallery' beat
right off the back! You could easily make albums from
trails and categories.  Pictures could be in multiple
categories.  This system would be much more flexible than
static photo albums.  Imagine cateogries by person, place,
event... Albums could obviously then contain regular wiki
pages also  (and any other doc).

  Can this already be done in some easy way that I haven't
figured out?

  -Martin