[pmwiki-users] Re: Categories (was: on over-bundling)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Mar 9 00:43:34 CST 2005

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 01:25:17AM -0500, Radu wrote:
> At 01:11 AM 3/9/2005, you wrote:
> >    Categories:  [[!Uploads]] [[!Passwords]]
> >
> >So, that's it.  Go forth and categorize!  :-)
>
> However, John Rankin is right. We do need some sort of registry for
> categories. Can that be the list of pages in Categories? That would mean
> that after we see a ? when we add a category, we should click on it and
> instantiate the page with a word or two.

Sure, this works.  Best is to simply write a description of the category
itself.  It could also contain links to other relevant categories, or
a good starting point for the category.

I cases like this where organization is unclear I think it's better
to experience lots of viewpoints and whittle down from that, even if it
means we have some false starts.