[pmwiki-users] Images--Uploads Content Management

Hans design at flutesong.net
Tue Mar 8 01:45:49 CST 2005

well I am not  a withered and wise wiki sage, but I chime in anyway:
you enable uploads in config.php with something like this:

$EnableUpload = 1;
$DefaultPasswords['upload'] = crypt('mysecret');
$UploadMaxSize = 100000;
$UploadUrlFmt = 'http://www.mysite.com/somepath/uploads';

With this uploads are enabled, but a password is required.
File sizes are restricted to a maximum 100Kb.
All uploads go into subdirectories of the uploads directory specified
in $UploadUrlFmt, which could be anywhere on your site. it does not
need to be a subdirectory of the pmwiki installation. Any uploads are
by default in a subdirectory of $Group, so for instance photos of
authors in author's pages may be in .../uploads/Profiles/ (this is the
default, but you could specify a different name for profiles), and
photos for a specific project, which is in wiki group "Nepalspecial"
will be in .../uploads/Nepalspecial/. so you see uploading images and
other files will not clutter up one directory, but will be structured
according to the wiki groups. Maybe this is good enough.
But I think a page specific upload file structure is also possible.
Then within the wiki page you can use Attach:myphoto.jpg and a few
other ways to link the uploaded image into the text. So the authors do
not be bothered at all with the file path to the image.

hope this helps.

Best,
~Hans