[pmwiki-users] Deleting dead WikiPages and WikiGroups

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Sun Mar 6 17:17:29 CST 2005

At 05:17 PM 3/6/2005, Neil Herber wrote:
>It's just that as far as I can tell, Patrick works 24 hours a day, is a
>touch-typist, is never more than a meter away from his PC, and always ends
>up answering before the rest of us get a chance!  ;->

Hear ye, hear ye! :)

OK, seriously now, OldAl, if you want to delete a page (say Main.MyMistake,
that being a page called MyMystake in Group Main), just create a new file
on your computer (right click any Windows Explorer folder contents, select
New, Text file)

Leave the name as it is for now. Double click to edit that file, type the
word "delete" in it, close the file (and save when it asks you).
Right-click on the new file, choose Rename, type Main.MyMistake (or the
name of any page you want to delete), press Enter.

Then just upload this file to the folder wiki.d with your favorite ftp program.

Believe me, it takes longer to describe it than to do it.

just my 2c until someone feels enticed to implement the glorious
action=delete :)

I guess nobody did cos it just opens the way for nefarious wrongdoings by
some misguided kopefarkinel. ;)

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)