[pmwiki-users] I doest undestand group word

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Sun Mar 6 10:02:24 CST 2005

If you want to set a password only for that page, yes, it's right.

But if you want to set passw for all pages in a group (for example
MyGroup), you need to create a text file in the /local/ folder, fill it
with text like

<?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
$WikiTitle = "Radu's family on the Monicsoft PmWiki";
$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('pass1');
$DefaultPasswords['read'] = crypt('pass2');
?>

Then change the name of that file to <Groupname>.php
For example, for MyGroup, call it MyGroup.php

At 11:42 AM 3/6/2005, MArco wrote:
>thanks Radu for the very fast reply !!
>
>I use for now
>
>?action=attr
>
>and I set a passw
>
>Is the right way?
>

>Thanks !
>
>MArco
>

>Radu wrote:
>
>>Yes, Marco. Here's how to install:
>>http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Installation
>>
>>Follow that and the
>>http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/InitialSetupTasks
>>
>>... where it says how to specify passwords for reading, editing and
>>administering the whole wiki. For more details on doing that to groups
>>and pages, see:
>>http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Passwords
>>
>>Good luck! This is a great wiki you just installed!

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)