[pmwiki-users] Templates for new pages

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Mar 2 15:38:37 CST 2005

On Thursday, 3 March 2005 4:21 AM, Sivakatirswami <katir at hindu.org> wrote:
>pmwiki --> xml --> staticWebPage (or -->
>editorial-for-print-processing)

This is exactly what we are working on at the moment:

pmwiki markup -> xml -> LaTeX -> pdf

You are quite right, once you get the pmwiki markup into a suitable
xml dtd, you can then do all sorts of things with it. We have chosen
an existing dtd, designed with LaTeX in mind, but it would be possible
to create one's own if needed.

We have a manual proof of concept of the above path working and hope
to have the 'one click' version soon.

The biggest problem is the sheer number of pmwiki markups (including
various custom markups) to deal with.

>From your message, it sounds as if you are thinking of using a
custom xml dtd.

For more information, see
http://intranet.affinity.co.nz/pmwiki2/index.php?n=Pdf2you.HomePage

However, as Fred notes, this is not the only way to do it, and
for some applications a different approach would be better.

--
JR