[pmwiki-users] Re: Extended uploads for v2

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Mar 2 09:05:06 CST 2005

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 12:33:07PM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> > International characters (and spaces) already work for
> > filenames and paths in v2.
>
> Good, I suspected that.
>
> > I've already got designs for accessing other pages' attachments
> > in the standard distribution.
>
> Other pages' attachments... do you mean creating a simple option for
> local/config.php that when enabled means that files are attached to pages
> rather than groups?

This option already exists (and always has) -- see

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook-V1/UploadGroups
    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/UploadGroups

> > Essentially, I'm thinking the Attach: markup will become:
> >
> >     Attach:file.txt                - file.txt attachment for the current page
> >     Attach:Other/file.txt          - file.txt as attached to [[Other]]
> >     Attach:Group/Other/file.txt    - file.txt as attached to [[Group/Other]]
> >     Attach:Group.Other/file.txt    - file.txt as attached to [[Group.Other]]
>
> Or do you mean that the above would be enabled by standard?

I'm thinking that the above would be standard.

> Anyway, regarding wiki.lyx.org, there are quite a few files uploaded and
> referred to using the extended syntax I used before. [...]
> in short I have to get this working before I can do the upgrade.

Yes, that's likely.  Fortunately you're not likely to have another
upgrade like this for a very long time.  :-)