[pmwiki-users] Extended uploads for v2

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Mar 1 15:15:54 CST 2005

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 09:22:50PM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> Hi
>
> I thought I'd spend a couple of hours tonight working on getting
> extended upload functionality for PmWiki-v2. For PmWiki-v1 this was the
> cookbook page
> 	http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook-V1/UploadExtended
>
> Basically I want to achieve the following:
> * Allow paths to be used together with the upload-related directives
>   Attach: and (:attachlist:)
> * Allow (:attachlist <dirpath>:) to list only files for a
>   specific group/directory.
> * Allow international characters in filenames and paths.

International characters (and spaces) already work for
filenames and paths in v2.

I've already got designs for accessing other pages' attachments
in the standard distribution.  Essentially, I'm thinking the
Attach: markup will become:

    Attach:file.txt                - file.txt attachment for the current page
    Attach:Other/file.txt          - file.txt as attached to [[Other]]
    Attach:Group/Other/file.txt    - file.txt as attached to [[Group/Other]]
    Attach:Group.Other/file.txt    - file.txt as attached to [[Group.Other]]

I haven't implemented this yet (lack of time).

I also haven't made any designs or plans for changing
(:attachlist:) to list attachments on other pages.