[pmwiki-users] Install/reinstall problem.

Sharon Kimble skimble04 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 16:33:06 CDT 2005

On 18/06/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 11:47:52AM +0100, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> > Due to internet connection problems I've just finished reinstalling my OS and
> > all my little quirks and programs for it, and this includes pmwiki from a
> > backup. Now I find that I cannot access any of the pages in firefox or
> > Konqueror, instead I just get a display of the text/markup of 'Meiji.Phip'.
> > The permissions of it remain the same as being 'rwxrwxrwx' as it is just for
> > a single-user on this computer. Apache, php, and j2re are all installed and
> > appear to be working.
> >
> > Can anyone give me any guidance please? Help :)
>
> It sounds to me as though the directory or system you've installed on
> doesn't recognize the .php file as being a PHP executable, and is instead
> returning the text of the program code rather than executing it.
>
> Pm

Thanks for this, this put me on the right track :)

I upgraded to Fedora Core 4 last week, and installed pmwiki and it
worked okay. Today I managed to lose my menus, so I deleted the
installation and then restored from last nights backup. And the same
original problem occurred again! But this time I started
trouble-shooting and recording what I did to try to solve the problem.
Turns out it was a problem with permissions, If I made the pmwiki
folder 'rwxrwxrwx' and restart the server it works okay and with no
problems ...... but this is on a stand-alone machine with no outside
access to the server, its purely for my own internal usage and to play
with.

Thanks again folks.
Sharon.