[pmwiki-users] Converting from v1.x GROUPS to 2.x farm and FIELDS

K.A.Bouton k.a.bouton at reading.ac.uk
Fri Jun 24 11:47:23 CDT 2005

I want to convert from v1.x individual sites to a 2.x farm.

Originally when I set pmwiki up, I set it ip as so that each 'project' was
set up as a group, with each group having its own customization through its
own config file.

All the files were then collected together under wiki.d/project1.HomePage
and wiki.d/project2.HomePage for example.

I have loaded up pmwiki v2.x and have set up a farm which will have each
project as a field. MUCH easier to keep track of I think.

So I have a structure like for example

webRoot
  .htaccess
  pmwiki.php
  pub (with farm-wide templates etc)
  cookbook (with farm-wide scripts)
  (No wiki.d)
  Project1
    local (with project of field specific config file)
    pub (with project of field specific templates etc)
    cookbook (with project of field specific templates etc)
    wiki.d (with project of field specific files)
  Project2
    local (with project of field specific config file)
    pub (with project of field specific templates etc)
    cookbook (with project of field specific templates etc)
    wiki.d (with project of field specific files)

The question are these

1. How do I convert my version 1 wiki.d/project1.files to
project1/wiki.d/files and wiki.d/project2.files to project2/wiki.d/files
(I followed the instructions and grabbed the whole site with UseV1WikiD -
but I want one at a time)

2. How do I name my files project1/wiki.d/project1.files rather than
project1/wiki.d/Main.files

3. How do I set up Mailposts to  work such that only those I users I set up
in project1/local/config.php MailPostsTo receive only changes made to
project1/wiki.d/files and those I set up in in project2/local/config.php
MailPostsTo receive only changes made to project2/wiki.d/files

I am really impressed with the new version. Very impressed.
Katherine
U Reading