[pmwiki-users] Input recipe

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Thu Jun 23 14:30:40 CDT 2005

Martin Fick wrote:
> I like it! I have been hoping for something like this for a
> while.

Thanks :-)

> I do wonder though if we should not make the syntax more
> 'wiki' like, ie even simpler! One simplification would be
> to eliminate the directive styling and create a form style,
> something like --form element--

Sorry to disappoint you, but writing forms should be a rare thing, and I
think it would be better to reserve the simpler markup for the more
common tasks.

(I had also some spamming concerns, but on second thought, these fears
are baseless: if somebody can set up a spam-slinging form, he could as
easily set up a script that POSTs to the script that does the actual
spamming. I.e. allowing untrusted visitors to set up their own forms
doesn't open up any security holes that didn't exist before; it's the
scripts that must be spamproof.)

Regards,
Jo