[pmwiki-users] Re: authuser and .htgroups

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jun 22 08:02:48 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 01:44:15PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Wednesday, June 22, 2005, 4:44:53 AM, H. wrote:
> > Toward that end, I've added first-draft Question and Answer sections
> > to the Cookbook.AuthUser page.
>
> I redrafted the page in many ways, to take account that AuthUser is
> not just for implementing htpasswd file authentication, but that one
> can maintain user/password pairs in config.php itself in the $AuthUser
> array.

It may also be worth keeping in mind that sometime in the not-too-distant-
future AuthUser is expected to support authentication via LDAP
(and possibly RADIUS):

   $AuthUser['ldap'] = 'ldap://ldap.example.com/ou=People?uid=$1'

We probably don't need to document this until it's implemented, but
it might affect the organization of Cookbook.AuthUser so I thought I'd
mention it.