[pmwiki-users] authuser

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jun 21 17:27:31 CDT 2005

Is this:

     # ...set passwords and authuser settings...
     include_once('scripts/authuser.php');
     if ($AuthId) {
       $Author = $AuthId;
       setcookie('author',$Author,0,'/');
     }

equivalent to this (it seems to work similarly well):

    include_once('scripts/authuser.php');
    if (@$_SESSION['authid']) $Author=$_SESSION['authid'];

and what has this to  do with it:

    $AuthUser['htpasswd'] = '.local/.htpasswd';
    @include_once('cookbook/authuser.php');
    if ($_SESSION['authid']) exit;
    if ($AuthId) exit;

> only kills the script when authentication occurs.  Once the user is
> authenticated it has no effect on subsequent page loads.

I don't understand about killing the script, but the last lines with
'exit' had that effect on my fumbling experimentation: a white
screen. I fail to understand how the Author is preserved from
changes. Could you please explain a bit?

Best,
~Hans