[pmwiki-users] Re: Reason why pagetoc.php isn't used for Cookbook.Cookbook?

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Tue Jun 21 13:59:15 CDT 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 02:53:43AM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
>
>>What PmWiki *should* do in such a case is any of the following (in
>>ascending order of preference for me):
>>
>>* Ignore the markup (i.e. display nothing)
>
> And for this reason I think I prefer to keep it as a local customization.
> By default I think I prefer to have
>
>    (:incldue Group.SomePage:)
>
> go ahead and display rather than disappearing on its own (and leave the
> author to wondering why).  At least if it displays there's a clue that
> it's something that PmWiki isn't recognizing.

Hmm... how about a "draft mode" where unknown markups display, and a
"view mode" where unknown markups are ignored? That could be done as a
per-group configuration, so that the preinstalled groups don't "look
funny" but people still see a markup that's unrecognized.

Just tossing ideas around...

Regards,
Jo