[pmwiki-users] discussion pages?

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Tue Jun 21 12:10:14 CDT 2005

At 2005-06-21  11:46 AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 12:44:56PM -0400, Neil Herber wrote:
> >
> > I have been trying to get this to work:
> >
> >         (:if name .+?comments$ :) name ends with comments
> >         (:if:) carry on
>
>(:if match -comments$ :) name ends with "-comments"
>(:if:) carry on, my friend
>
>Pm

Ahhh! So near .. and yet ...

What is the difference between "match" and "name" as conditionals? The
conditionals page assumes a better knowledge of PHP and REGEX than I have
(that is, close to zero).

As a follow-on question, is there any PmWiki markup that lets me manipulate
page names, or is that to be done with custom markup?

In particular I would like to have a "comment backlink" markup that would
take a page named:

         Main-Arizona-comments

and create a link to:

         Main.Arizona