[pmwiki-users] authuser

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jun 21 08:00:09 CDT 2005

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 12:02:45PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 10:07:06 AM, Hans wrote:
> > I just installed beta 39, and failing to get authuser to work.

Just a note that suthuser is still a work in progress... :-)
In particular, I'm still looking for how to make the documentation,
authentication and authorization process a little more obvious.
It'll take a revision or two to get there...

> okay i made a mistake.  I swapped the lines around so $AuthUser[] is
> defined before calling the script.
>
>     $AuthUser['htpasswd'] =
>     'd:/www/flutesong/pmwiki/testwiki/local/.htpasswd';
>     $AuthUser['hans'] = crypt('mypass');
>     include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");

Yes, any authuser configuration currently has to take place before
the script is loaded.  I may see about adjusting this, but at the
moment I'm just looking for basic functionality.

> It still does not open, but by putting in debug echos
> I can see that Authuser [...] gets processed up to
> function AuthenticateUser($authid), the function is called
> succesfully but fails to open the page.

Hmmmm.  Well, if AuthenticateUser() is being called, then that
indicates that it found the user id and password correctly.
When you say "fails to open the page", do you mean that it
returns to the password prompt?

> Another point:
> In authuser.php should the lines
>    # If the admin hasn't configured any password entries, just return.
>    if (!$AuthUser) return;
> not come before the $AuthPromptFmt, so the prompt does not load if no
> AuthUser is defined?

I originally had it that way, but then decided that if a wikiadmin is
including authuser.php, he/she may be wanting to get the name for
some other reason.