[pmwiki-users] Re: Reason why pagetoc.php isn't used for Cookbook.Cookbook?

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Mon Jun 20 10:29:12 CDT 2005

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> So, I'll have to think about it some more.  My initial thought is that
> I don't expect the TOC to change all that frequently, so having to
> maintain it manually isn't that difficult.  My subsequent thought is
> that maybe it's time to include a (:toc:) markup in the core, but
> I feel like the current recipe does a bit too much for my taste.

I think some kind of (:toc:) is desired in "standard" pmwiki. FWIW, I
rarely do anything more advanced than something like this:

	(:toc The table of contents:)

	!! A header that gets an automatic label

	!![[#lbl]] A header with an label called 'lbl'

Would it be possible to put in a stripped TOC-version in pmwiki whoose
markup coincides with pagetoc.php? (So that people needing more
functionality can use the latter - I'm asking because this might cause
problems/conflicts later on).

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström, +46-8-768 39 44 http://www.md.kth.se/~chr