[pmwiki-users] Re: Another problem with URLapprove

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jun 20 09:34:23 CDT 2005

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 08:40:58AM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> > > Btw, this problem with too many unapproved links on a page that you
> > > try to edit would be even more confusing to someone who is not even
> > > trying to add an external link.
> >
> > ...except that in this case the message wouldn't appear -- presumably
> > if the page had been successfully saved previously then it will save
> > again if the number of unapproved links hasn't changed.
>
> Note that this is actually not the case... what happened here was that I'd
> created the page (EmacsModes/<something>) a long time before you activated
> urlapprove for pmwiki.org.

Well, that was what I had intended by the word "presumably" -- i.e.,
in absence of major configuration changes by the wiki administrator.
Certainly if the wiki admin makes changes the rules of posting, then
things that had been previously posted might no longer be allowed.

At any rate, I'm not sure this warrants changing the error message
in the distribution just yet.