[pmwiki-users] blocked when editing, missing quick ref

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Jun 20 01:42:24 CDT 2005

Monday, June 20, 2005, 5:21:31 AM, Clytie wrote:
>> Which pages did this occur, and can you still do others?

> These two:

> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiVi/TruyenThanhCong?action=edit
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiVi/NguoiDungPmWiki?action=edit

> and I gave up after two blocks, yesterday. I just tried them again,
> today, and they are still blocked.

The pages
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PmWikiUsers
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/SuccessStories
are having lots of links to other sites in them, and  you are blocked
from posting pages which have too many external links (more than five
I think). This is a security feature enabled on pmwiki.org to stop
proliferation of link spamming.

But those pages are not part of the distribution, not part of the
documentation, although they are in the PmWiki group. There are many
others in that group which don't get into the distribution, and I
don't know why they are on the table of pages "to be translated" which
is on PmWikiVi.

The best indication of what are the documentation pages is the
DocumentationIndex. Most pages are linked from there, with a few
exceptions, like the pages about various types of Variables, which are
linked from the Variables page.

For future queries: could you provide the link to the original English
page, not just the translated page (or better put the link as a note
at the top of the translated page). It will make it much easier to
find what you are referring to. Otherwise, for a non-vietnamese
speaker, it needs some detective work, by going to PmWikiVi/PmWikiVi
and looking for the Vietnamese page name in the table, to find the
English equivalent.

Best,
~Hans