[pmwiki-users] Another problem with URLapprove

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Jun 19 10:19:51 CDT 2005

On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 02:46:34PM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> So I think the error message needs to be changed... perhaps it could
> say something like:
>
> 	Your changes were not permitted because they contain to many
> 	new external links. Please approve the links on the page
> 	before editing this page further.

Well, part of the reason for the cryptic message is to reduce the
amount of information available to a spammer.  If we simply say "post
blocked by administrator", a spammer is left guessing at the mechanism
why.

> Btw, this problem with too many unapproved links on a page that you
> try to edit would be even more confusing to someone who is not even
> trying to add an external link.

...except that in this case the message wouldn't appear -- presumably
if the page had been successfully saved previously then it will save
again if the number of unapproved links hasn't changed.