[pmwiki-users] Renaming Group's Home Page . . .

Benjamin Wilson ameen at dausha.net
Wed Jun 15 22:28:36 CDT 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> There are at least two options:
>    - on the HomePage you can place a (:redirect:) to the appropriate
>      true home page for that group
>    - in local/config.php you can set the value of $pagename according
>      to whatever criteria you wish, based on the URL received
>
> I'm sure there are other possibilities that I haven't thought of yet.

One that I've tried with no success is to have the default home page for
each group be the group name itself. Usually whenever I create a new
group I also create a page name with the identical name to the group.
But, when somebody visits the original default page (e.g.
Main/HomePage), I want it to instead go to the identically named page
(e.g. when going to http://url.com/pmwiki.php you are shown
GroupName/GroupName).

When I've tried to set this behavior in config.php, it just misbehaved.
I wish I could be more technical with the problem, but I last tried
several months ago and due to time constraints dropped the idea until later.

Regards,
Ben