[pmwiki-users] Utility pages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jun 15 16:38:56 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 11:19:43PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> >Sure, they can go into two separate groups, but is there a compelling
> >reason why we need both groups in preference to just "Site"?
>
> Edit permissions.

...in conjunction with...

> In other words, I'd use the question "who's allowed to edit these pages"
> as one of the criteria to subdivide a set of pages into groups.
>
> >Generally the pages in the "Site" group are edited only by the
> >administrator (although the administrator can of course override
> >this as usual).
>
> Sounds good.

tells me that in general the permissions for "Site" and "PmWikiAdmin"
are going to be the same, so there's not a big reasons for separate
groups.

> >Yes, except generally people don't want these pages to appear in search
> >results and page listings.
>
> Hmm... why *not* have them in search results and page listings? E.g. It
> might actually be interesting to see whether a given keyword appears on
> ApprovedUrls.

Well, that's always available as an option (list=all); it just seems
that a lot of sites are asking to have these pages excluded by default.