[pmwiki-users] Re: field versus site ( was: Re: Utility pages)

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Wed Jun 15 15:32:13 CDT 2005

At 2005-06-15  09:25 PM +0200, chr at home.se is rumored to have said:
>However, please note that I so far haven't used fields to any extend. I
>expect that I'll split the pages above into one group ('Site/') that is
>shared by all fields, and then put a group called 'Field' in each field.
>This is not done yet, but pages such as AllRecentChanges would probably
>end up in this group 'Field/'. I'd also put the sidebar for each field
>in that group. Anyway, I've written in a separate post about this.

I am not sure that I can see any value to having a group called Field,
since in a PmWIki farm, each field behaves like an (almost) entirely
separate site. The proposed Site group would contain pages that are local
to each field - just think of Site.AllRecentChanges for the best example. I
am not sure that calling it Field.AllRecentChanges provide any useful
information or separation of function.

It might make more sense to create a Farm group that holds items that are
common to all fields. But where should it live?

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668