[pmwiki-users] Pasting text

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jun 15 10:06:45 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 11:10:07AM +0200, Jan Jacobs wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> when I found out about this feature, I immediatelly tried it, and found it to be working more naturally for writing technical documation in pmWiki.  However, this feature does not work when text is enclosed in [= ... =] or [@ ... @].
>
> Is there a solution for this problem?

Technically, [=...=] and [@...@] tell PmWiki not to do any processing of
the contents -- thus PmWiki won't insert HTML line breaks in the middle.
(Yes, I could argue this either way.)

The normal way to keep line breaks in [=...=] is to turn them into
preformatted text by using a space before the initial [= .  But if
this isn't exactly what you're looking for, I need a better example
to work from.