[pmwiki-users] Re: Name for "utility" group variable (Was: Problem withURLapprove)

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Mon Jun 13 17:19:09 CDT 2005

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Neil Herber wrote:

> At 2005-06-13  11:43 PM +0200, chr at home.se is rumored to have said:
> >What pages are we talking about here? [...]

> >         $???.AllRecentChanges
> >         $???.AllRecentUploads
> >         $???.SearchWiki
> >         $???.SideBar
> >         $???.PageNotFound

>          $???.MenuControl  (as in RightBar, PageFooter, etc.)
>          $???.CookBookControl  (as required by recipes)
>
> If I understand this correctly (and the odds are I do not ...) then if I
> used a group called PmWikiAdmin to hold these pages, there would be a
> variable called something like $UtilGroup which would contain the name
> "PmWikiAdmin" used to prefix the page names as in:
> PmWikiAdmin.AllRecentChanges.

Exactly. Summarizing some suggestions from various places:

	$PmWikiAdminGroup
	$AdminGroup
	$CommonGroup
	$SharedGroup
	$UtilGroup
	$UtilityGroup
	$SiteGroup
	$SiteAdmin
	$SupportGroup
	$SettingsGroup
	$AuxGroup
	$MetaGroup

If we did like "PmWikiAdmin" as a good name for various pages, then I'd
probably prefer using $PmWikiAdmin, $PmWikiAdminGroup $AdminGroup as the
corresponding variable name.

/Christian