[pmwiki-users] Linking to pmwiki.php

Patrick Ogay lists at basel-inside.ch
Wed Jun 8 11:14:07 CDT 2005

 > I tried creating a symbolic link from index.html to pmwiki/pmwiki.php.
 > I found out that when I do that, I first get several lines of error
messages, and then
 > the page is redirected to a non existing page http://pageurl
(something like that).
If "index.php" links to "yourlib/pmwiki.php"  pmwiki has problems in
setting the environment variables correctly.
The problem starts in not finding config.php (which usually resides in
local/ ), where you could  influence the behavior of pmwiki..

With a technique called "wikifarm" you can call pmwiki from any
directory:  In short you can  "php include yourlib/pmwiki.php" from
index.php.  look in the documentation for wikifarm.

>Right now I do have an index.php that redirects using the php header function. However, the >down side of that is
>that it takes longer to process (php on top of html) and it probably uses cpu without need.

this is  certainly the method which works with all the providers.
If you have access to apache definitioin, for example in .htaccess, you
can define an RewriteRule (as I have done in www.blug.ch, see nice urls).